September 14, 2012

My Summer Internship at Aimia


Post By:
Alex Bonder
MBA, 2013 
 

My summer internship was a great experience. I got the chance to work at Aimia, a global leader in loyalty management, in Montreal, Canada. The company has over 3,400 employees and presence in Asia, Europe, Middle East, North America, and South America.

I worked as a strategy consultant for the travel business developing area. My project was to analyze the possibility of developing a business intelligence tool for airlines that could help them to do deeper, customer focused analysis.  I was very lucky to be involved in this project for many reasons: I learned about the business intelligence industry which was something new for me, the project involved the airline industry which is my passion and is related to my professional background, and finally I worked as a consultant which is the type of work I would like to do in the future. 

Montreal

Montreal is an amazing city. It merges the flavor and food of a French culture with the utmost order of the British culture. The city offers a diverse number of cultural activities during the summer. I got the chance to attend to the annual jazz festival, one of the most famous in the world.

Alex (bottom left) and friends in Montreal
My summer experience as an MBA exceeded my expectations; I made good friends at work, the project was challenging and very interesting, and the city was spectacular. 
 
Alexander Bonder is a 2nd Year MBA. Although life, work and graduate school have taught him about the "turbulent" nature of the airlines industry, turbosine seems to be in his veins.









Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment