November 30, 2011

There's Always Something to Do at BU!

Post By:
Shiyanbade Animashaun
MBA, 2013

I describe myself as shy and most people refuse to believe me. Still, I pause a bit when meeting new people and the thought of meeting all my future classmates was a bit daunting back in August when I walking to my first BU MBA Meetup.
I headed to Cornwall's, the unofficial, official BU MBA pub, and took a few deep breaths before stepping in to realize I had nothing to worry about. In what seemed like a sea of people, there was the chattering of new friendships being made and I joined right in to shake hands and introduce myself.
I found people connected to one of my hometowns, Indiana, and some of my hobbies. There was none of the anxiety I anticipated and the other students seemed as interested in my background as I was in their varied experiences and outlook on life.
Since then, I have gone through the Pre-Semester week and soared through the air with my classmates help, attended other school sponsored and student led meetups and strolled around picturesque Newburyport. I’ve experienced Water Fire in Rhode Island; witnessed my first Head of the Charles regatta; attended school sponsored events with industry leaders and went on a boat cruise! I played my first ultimate Frisbee match in the rain and mud, expressed disappointment over lost Cohort cup points and cheered for my Cohort during the Halloween Costume contest and Basketball tournament.
As the end of first semester draws near, I look back happily on the past few months of growing friendships and great conversations. I know my next semester can only be better. Though we all work hard, we try to play hard too. There always seems to be an event going on and I'm doing my best to get as much out of my experience at Boston University as I can.
Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment